Sunday, July 12, 2009

Fancy Chocolate Chip Cookies

I'm a fan of all things sweet and baked, especially if they include chocolate. Through the years I have made many a chocolate chip cookie recipe, but I haven't really found one worth making again and again. Adding bonus ingredients like nuts or toffee chunks is always appealing to me, as is adding coffee liqueur and instant coffee. And that is what the so-called "Neiman Marcus" recipe I have in my recipe box calls for. I have no idea where I got this recipe, but I've made it several times and it's a winner.

1/2 cup butter (unsalted, softened)
1 cup brown sugar
3 TBS sugar
1 egg
2 TBS coffee liqueur
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
1 1/2 tsp instant coffee
1/2 cup oats
8 oz bittersweet chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 375. Cream butter with sugars until fluffy, then beat in egg and liqueur. In separate bowl, combine baking soda through coffee. Beat into the butter mixture. Stir in oats and chocolate chips. Form 24 balls and bake 8-10 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment